The Gladstone Library Learning Commons is open from 8:20-4:00, Monday to Friday (unless we have a meeting to attend). It is closed 11:35-11:55 (students are encouraged to eat lunch then come into the library)
How can the Gladstone Library Learning Commons support my child’s learning?
1. By being open and available to assist your child.
2. By providing the Gladstone Library Learning Commons website (learning portal).
3. By providing resource materials – fiction, non-fiction, online subscription databases (e.g., Student Research Centre and Academic Search Premier) and electronic reference materials such as The Canadian Encyclopedia and World Book Online.
4. By teaching research skills, with a focus on ethical use of information (e.g., Easybib to correctly cite all sources used and take/organize notes electronically)
5. By providing one-on-one support when the class is booked into the library (with presentation tools such as Prezi, Power Point and Notebook).
6. By providing advice for recreational/silent reading material.
7. By providing an opportunity to contribute to the school (e.g., through the Library Club or Community Service)
8. By organizing special events such as Human Library to promote dialogue and reduce prejudices, Coffee House and Cafe Polyglotte to promote poetry and the Art Exhibit to showcase student artwork.
What is the Library Learning Commons (LLC)?
The LLC is a convenient and welcoming space for all students with their learning needs as the focus. Provided are books, magazines, computers, printer, scanner, copier, wireless, electrical outlets, databases, up-to-date software and other digital resources. Online support through Webcat and this website is available at all times.